Monday, February 23, 2009

fler kakor....

från rawmom

I took about 4 cups of buckwheat and soaked it. (They say you only need to soak it about 45 minutes, but I left mine in a lot longer.) Then I let is sprout a bit by draining the water and rinsing it once or twice a day. I just left it in a big colander on the counter.

After a day or two, it was ready enough for me. So, I dumped half of it in the food processor with about 3 bananas and a bunch of dates. (Don’t you just looooove my precise measurements.)

I processed half the buckwheat (maybe a bit less than half) with the bananas and dates until it was a yummy, doughy paste. Then I stuck my spoon in it and nibbled. Yummm…

The kids loved the doughy stuff and would have just eaten it like that. I mixed it with the remainder of the buckwheat sprouts and made a cookie dough batter. Then I made little table spoon sized blobs on the dehydrator tray and turned it on for the night.

PRESTO! COOKIES! The kids loved them and so did I. Though, I admit, I’m more inclined to stick to the non-dehydrated foods myself, it is fun to make them these little treats!

You can easily add chopped walnuts, different seeds and different chopped dried fruits, too! Let the kids whip up the ingredients. Once you’ve made the batter, you’re on the way to endless possibilities of treats and satisfying snack for the kids (and the hubby, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment